Low intensity support services are provided to deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals that live in the community. Eligible individuals receive limited support services based on their needs and desires. DILA provides assistance in the following areas:
- Accessing and using generic community services
- Social Security benefits management
- Understanding and responding to written correspondence
- Making appointments
- Training in money management
- Arranging transportation assistance, if needed
- Leisure activities and social opportunities
DILA will assist deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals to learn how to become effective self-advocates by helping them access and use the necessary resources to allow them to make their own informed decisions and express their needs. Additionally, sensitivity training about deaf culture is offered to break down communication barriers in advocacy.
Click here for more information.
- Arts and crafts
- Educational activities
- Field trips
- Sporting events
- And many other fun activities
Click here for more information on Summer Camp.
To Learn More...
For more information about our community support services, call 410-742-5052 (voice/TTY) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.